Apple's Pre-WWDC News
News from Apple leadership out prior to WWDC next week because, according to John Gruber (Daring Fireball), Phil Schiller told him, "We've got a bunch of App Store/developer-related announcements for WWDC next week, but frankly, we've got a busy enough keynote that we decided we're not going to cover those in the keynote."
The news shared so far:
- App Review process overhaul (most apps approved in 24 hours to 48 hours)
- App subscription model being added
- Ads being added to the App Store search results
- Enhanced share and search functionality to the App Store
- macOS is the new name for the operating system formerly known as OS X. (This appears to be an unintentional leak from some text spotted on the apple developer site)